Monday, September 18, 2006

So it really does matter...

~ This episode took place last Friday ~

1800 hr - Getting back from work

It was jam-packed (and smell-packed as well, haha..) at KL Central station, my analytical instincts approximated a total of 1,200 at platform 6 (southbound). There was hardly enough space for people to stand properly, let alone finding any seats.

1825 hr - Train arrives

I battled my way in, just like the rest of them. This is perhaps the only way to make it into the train alive, else, the consequence would be extra 30-minute-wait-time until the next train arrives.

While on board train, I was standing just behind a group females whom to my knowledge, are categorized into the clan of Ah Lian's.

Let me define the Ah Lians before writing any further:

1. Have at least one bag fashioned after a furry animal complete with the head.
2. Hair not in their original colour.
3. Volume of voice is automatically five decibels higher than everyone else.

4. Have boyfriends who have enough amplifiers in his one car to power speakers for six cars.
5. Excessive use of the phrase "Es-kiu mee". (Although, to be fair, some members of the Regular group have been reported to use the phrase on a daily basis as well.)
6. Sees Taiwan as the place to be.
7. Has Astro hardwired to Wah Lai Toi.
8. Knows all the dim sum dishes by name.

One of them - the shortest one, had her bag (which has no zipper or security measure of any sort) face backwards, which is almost dead ahead of me, whithin an arm's reach. And she suddenly realized that her mobile phone has disappeared from the bag! (not quite surprising)

Ok, now imagine a triangular setup, with the Ah Lian at the pinnacle, me a the lower right, and a tan-skinned, tatooed, almost hip-hop-looking (but not quite there yet), each ear pierced with at least half a dozen earrings dude at the remaining corner. I was actually nearer to the Ah Lian.

The Ah Lian looked back, angry + blur it seemed, and immediately accused the dude of stealing her mobile phone! I was amazed at how quickly she was able to make up her mind who to accuse. The only difference (at a glance) between me and the accused was that I had nice office attire on (G2000 striped long sleeves, slacks, and Italian leather shoes - shinning! Very nice you know!) and he doesn't.

I thought to myself - so it really does matter how we dress up ;)

Driving this point to application in daily life - it does count into our credibility how we dress because people tend to judge on what they see (surface, skin-deep), although, at many times, the truth is deeper within.

I don't think it is quite possible to be enablers for Christ if - at first glance we have been reasonably disqualified from being a good person from the way we look. Agree? So, hope it made sense to you, dress well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home